Metaphor

Subject: Metaphor
From: Dean Norris <dnorris@k7no.com> (Dean Norris)
At 21:49 2/13/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear Contesters who are also scientists or engineers:

SNIP

>(See:  "The earth is flat."  "The earth is round.")
>And, all of science and all of engineering is metaphor, just like poetry.

more snip

I recall seeing a notice on the bulletin board (a cork sheet in a frame) at
school when I was learning how to be a physicist.  It proclaimed:

        The program for the meeting of the Flat Earth Society will be the
movie         "Around the World in 80 Days"

73/DX

cdn

         C. Dean Norris, Esq.
      Amateur Radio Station K7NO