V31DX off to the races

Subject: V31DX off to the races
From: John Downing <jdowning@intelenet.net> (John Downing)
Once again V31DX, the Cuba Libre Contest Club, (well, two of us at least) is
off to
sunny Ambergris Caye, Belize for the ARRL SSB DX contest.  Vic, KI6IM, is going
down this Sunday to repair our busted tower, rotator, and yagis and may be on
from
time to time before the DX contest.  He hopes to get on for a Saturday night
sprint in
the ARRL 160 meter contest next week so look for our usual bomber signal on 160.

Instead of our usual ICOM 781 / Alpha 76A  we will be using a Yaesu FT-1000MP
and
an SGC-500 (a what?) solid state 500 watt amp in both contests.  Post contest
equipment
reports will be available to all those who directly request them.  We moved to
the new
stuff because a) it's much lighter to transport and b) hey, it's the 90s!

Vic will be single op in the 160.  After Vic has done ALL the hard work I'll be
joining him for
the DX contest for our usual multi-single high power effort.  Just remember,
it's
fiveninefivehundred no matter how weak you really are.  And yes, we take tail
enders,
front enders, two letters, and even whole callsigns.  Work with us...... Q rate
is everything
in this contest.  QSL as usual to AA6BB.

Good luck to all and see you in the pileups!

John
N6YRU / V31DX