crankup caution and HAZERS

Subject: crankup caution and HAZERS
From: sawyers@inav.net (Steve Sawyers n0yvy)
Date: Sat Feb 17 21:29:46 1996
> Subject:       Re: crankup caution and HAZERS
> To:            wa2syn@li.net
> From:          Robert <w5robert@blkbox.COM>
> Cc:            n4tg@tricon.net, cq-contest@tgv.com

> Next subject:  stories on fully assembling the tower on ground and
> lifting it up right??  (25G-65G types) -- 73 Robert  WB5CRG
> w5robert@blkbox.com

Actually, I have a setup on the back of my 3/4 ton truck with boom
and winch. I usuallu do a lot of calculations before i attempt this
but it does work with a lot of help on the guy ropes.

 I have used it to "pop-up" 40' of 25G with a tribander and
rotor for field day, 48' of 25G with a VHF array from 2 meters to
902 for VHF contests, and 48' HBX for a friend, which we then used a
floor jack to pick vertically and set on to the foundation legs.
That was the time when I learned that it is best to unhook from the
tower before driving away....

de n0yvy steve