N3RR SOA HP ARRLDXCW SCORE/soapbox

Subject: N3RR SOA HP ARRLDXCW SCORE/soapbox
From: n3rr@cais.cais.com (Bill Hider) (Bill Hider)
                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1996

      Call: N3RR                     Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Unlimited

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS PTS/Q COUNTRIES

      160       86      258   3.0       43
       80      165      495   3.0       64
       40      330      987   3.0       74
       20      403     1209   3.0       83
       15       81      243   3.0       44
       10        4       12   3.0        1
     --------------------------------------

     Totals   1069     3204   3.0      309  =   990,036

This represents only 30 hours of operating due to my getting sick Saturday
AM and sleeping through the 20M EU run on Saturday AM.  I hope I can put in
a full-time effort in the SSB CONTEST in 2 weeks.

Great fun though on the low bands.  Thought either my 781 broke or the 15
meter antenna fell down when I heard others working EU and I couldn't hear
them!  10M was dismal.  Looks like we'd better get used to it though.  Still
a couple years away from working the JAs on 10M from W3!!

The 40-2CD performed very well and the FORCE 12 EF-180A rotatable dipole
performed flawlessly.  Some of you recall that I've had some trouble with
the EF-180A in the past. Well, the FORCE 12 guys came through with a
modification kit which, after installation, fixed the problems I've had.
WA3WJD and I installed it on December 31st and the antenna has been
performing flawlessly ever since.  This CONTEST was the acid test!

No TVI complaints this weekend either.  That's very positive!  I hope I
don't get any during the SSB effort!

CU IN THE PHONE PILEUPS!!

73!

Bill, N3RR@CAIS.COM

Bill, N3RR

n3rr@cais.com OR n3rr@cais.cais.com

       /   /   / / /
      /---/-|-/-/-/
     /   /  |/ / /
            |          >>>>>>>>>    Tower #1 (Heavy-duty AB-105, 134ft):
            |

            |                           160M = Inverted "V" @ 134 Ft
            |                            80M = EF-180A @ 149 Ft (on mast
w/mast twister)
            |                            40M = 40-2CD (W6QHS ++) @ 134 Ft