Help w/ Component Spec.

Subject: Help w/ Component Spec.
From: Steve Sacco <0006901972@mcimail.com> (Steve Sacco)
-- [ From: Steve Sacco KC2X * EMC.Ver #2.5.03 ] --

So I was cruising through the local electronic/mechanical surplus store
here in Orlando last week, and I tripped across an item labeled:
"Gas Discharge Tubes".

They are about the size of two aspirin tablets stacked on top of each other,
with axial leads.  They are labeled only with the part number:
"CG75L 8148".  There's no manufacturer name or logo.

I've looked through my Digi-Key and Mouser parts catalogs, and have come
up with nada.  Does anyone have a cross-reference or other way to get some
specs on this part?  With lightning season fast approaching, it would be
nice to have another weapon to protect the gear.  Since even Polyphaser's
idea of control (i.e: rotator/switch box) line protection is a MOV in parallel
with a .01 microfarad cap, I'm hopeful that I could possibly add these CG75L
8148 jobs in parallel to that combination.

I imagine they could be used to protect Beverage terminating resistors,
matching transformers and many other interesting devices, *IF* they have
acceptable specs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks/73/etc.

Steve KC2X