Power Line Noise Part IV

Subject: Power Line Noise Part IV
From: SHAWN LIGHTFOOT <shawn.lightfoot@lun.lis.ab.ca> (SHAWN LIGHTFOOT <shawn.lightfoot@lun.lis.ab.ca>)
Hello all.

I recveieved a lot of feedback regarding my posting for power line noise
vs different voltage power lines. Many people were very quick to point
out the variance possible for various locations and various weather, and
also the pure subjectivity of the matter.
The above is TRUE, however;

It was only meant to be a GUIDELINE to follow, not gospel.

I did, as a matter of fact check the same lines under different weather
conditions, and found that in most cases there was a unilateral increase
in noise during adverse weather condx.

I realize that there may be some of you out there who live across from
the high voltage lines I was referrring to as 'bad', and have no noise
problems.

Power lines are in the same realm as propagation condx; they are always
changing, and vary between locations. This doesn't seem to stop the guys
making propagation predictions though.

Both of them fall in to the class of *Chances Are.........*

I hope some of this was of help.
73 de

Shawn,
VE6PV