Personal Heroes

Subject: Personal Heroes
From: Del Seay <seay@alaska.net> (Del Seay)
Steve Miller wrote:

> A great list causing me to reflect upon my early contesting years - I'd
> like to add the late KH6IJ, who was also my first QSO with KH6. Accolades
> for Nose's operating is better left for the old timers to describe as I
> would omit far too much of his pre-1980 activity.

I'd like to go further. You have to have operated the international
contests from KH6 to really appreciate Nose. It is not the easiest
place, as not a normal direction for DX-ERS beams, etc. I watched
Nose during the 50s when he was at his best -- AWESOME-- a term too
often used these days, but it fit Nose. He'll be remebered by all.
de KL7HF