GOODness AND GREATness

Subject: GOODness AND GREATness
From: Douglas S. Zwiebel" <0006489207@mcimail.com (Douglas S. Zwiebel)
Interesting reading....all of it valuable, but I think the MAIN
point is still missing.

F U N !!!

You have got to enjoy what you are doing.  For me, simply having
the desire to win is nothing.  We all (I think) desire to be
RICH, but few of us attain that goal.  Those that do, ENJOY their
work.  If you love what you do, you naturally excel at it.  If you
don't enjoy it, you can't be GREAT at it.

Ever talk face to face with K1AR about contesting?  He is all smiles...
he just loves it!

And now, a tip which I think will prove helpful.  Ask the guys (gals)
you look up to for a copy of their log (if you were in that same
contest).  Compare it to your log with great scrutiny.  Look for
mega-trends first, then zero in on the finer details.  This should
tell you more about your "skill" than anything else.  Ask them directly
for the log and state the reason.  The "big boys" exchange logs all the
time; get in on the act!

Sure, you have to WANT to win, but even more, you gotta LOVE doing it!

LEFT ME IN AWE story:  Operating at K2GL/N2AA m/m on 40cw, running a
MASSIVE (I mean  R E A L L Y massive) pileup from Europe.  Two of us
are sorting the pileup at once.  My co-operator, K2TT [who?  :-)  ] calls
HS1ABD in the middle of the pile and I glance at him askance, with that
look: "who are you kidding!"  He finishes his call, Europe stops, and
there is HS1ABD replying.  I still don't know how he heard Fred in that
mess!

de Doug  KR2Q@mcimail.com