MFJ Voice Keyer problem

Subject: MFJ Voice Keyer problem
From: David L. Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Thanks to the many replies to the problem.   The Heil BM-10 that I have is
over 10 years old and only has two wires to the mic (factory wired) for the
Yaesu.  They did not intend for one to use PTT on SSB!

The keyer test messages key the Yaesu well and the output adjustment gets
rid of what I call "voice enhancement" much better than my old DVK-100
(which I was forced to use last night in the CQ 160 SSB).  Voice enhancement
makes it sound like you have too much audio.  I can make my own message into
the keyer which also plays on the Yaesu and boy does the Heil sound much
better than the MFJ test messages.

The real problem boils down to no way to key the Yaesu straight thru!   MFJ
does not provide a schematic or theory of operation to even allow
experimenting with the jumpers.  Guess I will have to talk to MFJ on Monday
unless someone has a fix for this older type of Heil BM.

73, Dave K4JRB
CQ 160 Meter Contests Director