More on MFJ 432 voice keyer

Subject: More on MFJ 432 voice keyer
From: David L. Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
I got MFJ to FAX me a schematic and spent about 30 minutes on the phone with
them and we got nowhere.   I can hook my foot switch up to the PTT and PTT
ground but its just like keying my MOX switch on the Yaesu...still no mic
audio gets thru.

Short of sending it back or setting it up so the keyer and the mic are on
two lines to the Yaesu has anyone made this work with a Yaesu?  Mine is a
FT-980, but FT1000, FT990, FT767 are all the same.    I am using the Heil
BM-10 with Heil wired 8 pin connector (only the mic is wired).  I can attach
a foot switch for PTT.  The MFJ help line personnel said something about
providing a voltage to key the IC...I though only ICOM had that requirement.
I can record into the memory and then that keys the Yaesu...sure wish I had
a clear diagram and theory of operation.

73, Dave K4JRB