Tuner Component Prices

Subject: Tuner Component Prices
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid) (Jim Reid)
Before we spend a lot of time critcizing the price of the
X Match Tuner,  we should recall the prices of
QRO capacitors,  inductors and switches.  For example,
the price of the Multronics switch for RF. the  lowest priced
one they offer.  is,  $550,00.  Of course it includes a corona
shield and some other goodies!  It would be very easy,
even on the surplus market to spend well over $1k  for just
the components to build a real high power 160 to 10 meter
tuner.  And then you may have problems,  and decide to
build at least two of them,  160 to 30,  and another for
20 up to 10,  or even 6meters.  Should have some circuits
for same soon.

73,  Jim,  AH6NB