Contesters/Stock Market Correlation

Subject: Contesters/Stock Market Correlation
From: Walter Deemer <ac1o@gate.net> (Walter Deemer)
At 08:05 PM 2/26/96 EST, Fred Hopengarten wrote:

>Has it ever occurred to you that there is a correlation
>between contesting and the stock market?
>
>OH2BH is visiting with telecommunications officials and
>travelling to places like Albania, North Korea, China,
>Macau.  Hmmm.  Perhaps Nokia is expanding into new
>international markets like crazy.
>
>W6QHS... California Microwave.
>
>K1EA... leaves Stratus Computer; the company announces layoffs.
>
>K3NA... Alcatel.
>
>KJ4VH... UPS.
>
>K1DG... Analog-Devices.

Don't forget the Father Of This Reflector, WN4KKN/6.  His company (and the
home of this refector), TGV Software, was acquired by Cisco -- one of the
real technology "blue chips" -- just last month.  (And I'm told that Cisco
paid a substantial premium for TGV just to get Trey and this reflector <wink>.)

-- Walt, AC1O/4