160M contests

Subject: 160M contests
From: Mike Coolidge <n9itx@sunrise.alpinet.net> (Mike Coolidge)
2.  Points based upon radial measurement from stations QTH.

HMMM this is really appealing, especially to someone like me who lives out
in the boondocks.  about 90 percent of my qsos are 800 miles out or more on
160. (mostly w9, w8, w6, w3) The nearest ham to me that I worked this
weekend was in Glasgow Montana which is about 220 miles from me.  No daytime
tribander stuff for me!

I like W2CRS's (doug) idea about Grid squares that would make the contact
more meaningful and would allow a program to actually measure distance
between stations.  (Granted pretty complicated)

how about this
0-500 miles 1 point
501-1000 miles 2 pts
1001-1500 miles 3 pts
and so on

This looks great to those slaving away in the northwest US and Canada, but a
nightmare in Europe.  Oh well its nice to dream!

Regardless, I still like to participate in CQ 160 contests they are my
favorite.
I probably would have been in more Saturday if the Aurora didn't put a
serious cramp on my style.

Mike Coolidge
n9itx@sunrise.alpinet.net
Lewistown Big Sky Country