YAESU FT-980

Subject: YAESU FT-980
From: ehayes@VNET.IBM.COM (ehayes@VNET.IBM.COM)
Date: Tue Feb 20 06:53:20 1996
I have a chance to purchase one of these radios and upgrade(?) my
station. I am currently using an IC 737 with one 500 Hz cw filter.
The only problem is...I can't seem to find any postings at KA9FOX
concerning the pro's and con's of this rig.  I am told by the owner
it is a great contest rig but since he isn't in to that facet of the
hobby he wants to sell it.  Also, he is asking $875, is that reasonable?
The owner also told me that he had sent it to the repair center to have
it checked over within the last few months.  I do know this person (not well)
so I tend to believe his statements, I just need some advice from those
of you that might have used the 980 for contesting and dxing.

Thanks,

Wayne   KC5DVT    ehayes@vnet.ibm.com