ETO 91B Amplifier?

Subject: ETO 91B Amplifier?
From: JKAHRS@delphi.com (JKAHRS@delphi.com)
Date: Sat Mar 30 20:02:39 1996
On 29-MAR-1996 20:26:29.9 ke7gh said to JKAHRS
   > Anyone have any comments on the new Alpha?
   > Any problems with key down RTTY 1.5kw RTTY
   > contesting?  Any other pros/cons?
   > 73 de Brian

Brian,

Mine works great electrically.  Mechanically the fan is not up to ETO
standards.  I have had it back twice.  It was SUPPOSED to be returned to me
2 day UPS with a NEW fan by today.  Its WPX Friday night and I dont have it.
Ray Heaton is going to get an ear full as he promised it to me earlier this
week.  What happened to the fan?  Bearings went out.  It sounded like a
screaming banshee.  The firt time back was for a seized fan...they could not
duplicate the problem.

Gives new meaning to ...a screaming amp!

For the key down stuff...RTTY, you need the optional transformer fan.
Cost approx $40.

When the beast is a workin'...it smokes.  Sure doesnt do me much good on
ETO's bench tho!

I hope someone else besides Ray reads this at ETO because I'm p****d !
Thats not easy to do when you live in Niceville, Florida!

 73, Hank/K2UVG
ETO 91B s/n 079
jkahrs@delphi.com

From: oo7@astro.as.utexas.edu (Derek Wills) (Derek Wills)
Subject: More Power, the real rule

        >>Within the FCC's jurisdiction, if you've EVER used more power
        >>than necessary to communicate with someone else, you've broken
        >>section "a" of the power rules.

Yeah, silly really...

A51AA:  QRZ?

me (1 KW) :  AA5BT