Contest Keyer Memory Question

Subject: Contest Keyer Memory Question
From: W8JITom@aol.com (W8JITom@aol.com)
Date: Mon Apr 8 18:17:34 1996
It's been a while since I operated any contests, and when I did I only
operated 160 CW tests. So I have some questions.

I want to buy a new keyer. What's the best contest type keyer and why? What's
the best "cheap" keyer?

How many digits are in s/n exchanges, and can a long dash still be used or
has that faded from common use?

Is the automatically increasing s/n ever in the middle of manual characters
during contests? Do any keyers have a way to decrease the s/n or isn't that
feature  necessary?

Thanks,
Tom