Contest Free Zones

Subject: Contest Free Zones
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri Apr 12 19:15:47 1996

>>In real life, however, it is analogous to the organizers of the
>>Boston Marathon saying "We are running our race once a month on most
>>of the main streets, and the rest of you folks will just have to
>>take some back streets, or change your mode of travel on those
>>weekends." How long would it be before the citizens of Boston would
>>convince the city council to outlaw marathons?
>
>I don't see the similarity. Boston streets are primarily used for
>automotive traffic, not running.

Bill --

     As far as the above statement, they DO CLOSE lots of roads including 26
miles of race course and for blocks around the start and finish lines.  The
citizens of Boston EMBRACE the marathon and all the excitement and prestige
that it brings to their city. IMHO it was not a very good analogy to use.
 Even if it was once a month, at least everyone would know about it and can
plan ahead -- contesters DO!

           I agree with your reasoning.   I don't hear non-contesters say
"excuse me" when they land on a busy contest frequency.

73,   Steve    K7LXC