May 96 QST out

Subject: May 96 QST out
From: HENRYPOL@aol.com (HENRYPOL@aol.com)
Date: Tue Apr 16 13:33:42 1996
Nice cool spring day here in Raleigh.  Severe thunderstorms and a tornado
yesterday and last night washed away all of the tree pollen so the air was
clear and it was great for walking down to the PO box.

Isn't it strange that the front cover of QST also has a photo of a 48 ft.
dish (this one is bigger than the one on CQ's cover; wonder if this means...,
nah, must be a coincidence).  This one belongs to N2IQU and, WOW!, there is a
feature article inside on it!

CONTEST-related items:  Results of 95 November Sweepstakes and 19th Int'l EME
Competition; A High Performance AGC/IF Subsystem (wonder if it is better than
the latest DSP rigs?); New Life for Dentron MLA2500s; Explore Ham Radio's
Software Bonanza; How to Buy Military Surplus (a way for the little pistol to
get some really "big guns"?, HI); and Behind The Diamond - NF1J, Assistant
Contest Manager.

Other interesting items:  From Scrap to Glory (cover photo story); Product
Review of 7 tiny 2 meter HTs; Technical Correspondence on feeding
off-center-fed dipole and surplus wattmeters; Hints & Kinks on walking CW
keys, 28 volt coax relays, and installing ground rods; and MORE...(even a
letter re QSLs by yours truly!).

Trivia question: What do N6EL and N5EL have in common.  Hint, it's not
related to ham radio.

Note: My subscription copy of CQ still has not arrived!

73 and good reading,
Henry Pollock - WB4HFL
henrypol@aol.com