ATTN Texas Contesters!

Subject: ATTN Texas Contesters!
From: KB5YVT@aol.com (KB5YVT@aol.com)
Date: Sat Apr 20 23:02:31 1996
TQP Coming May 4-5, we need your help!  Please give us a few hours this
weekend and put your county on the air!  If you plan to operate please drop
me a line as to which county or counties.

Thanks for the band width ......   MIke..

Information on the Texas QSO Party.  Hope you'll be a part of it!

73  Mike KB5YVT

The New, Bigger, Better Texas QSO Party

Sponsored by: The Texas DX Society

"Looking for a unique Club Project to get your members motivated?"

"Are you looking for a way to get your members off the repeater and working
together on a Club Project?"

"Are you looking for a great way to expose your Club Members to a fun HF
operating event?"

*Win Air/Hotel for a Weekend to the Houston Ham Convention!*
*Texas Wine Baskets*
*Top Finishers Plaques*
*Commemorative Caps*
*Special Texas Clubs Awards*

With the help of your club or group, we can make this the best State QSO
Party! Texas is a BIG state. We need to put as many Texas Counties on the air
as possible.  Please talk with your members and plan to be a part of this
years TQP.  This can be a great exercise to practice emergency set-up,
prepare for Field Day, let the public see amateur radio in action or just get
out and have some fun.  There will be special awards for clubs and groups
that activate counties.  Enclosed, is also a copy of the rules.  If you have
any questions please feel free to contact me for more information.  Help us
start a real Texas Tradition and put the TQP back on the map!!

Remember:  Just get on the air and call " CQ TQP any station anywhere for the
Texas QSO Party"  We have to make the activity to make it a success.  Even if
you can only operate for a few hours, you will make a difference!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mike Hance KB5YVT
P.O. Box 457, Bedias TX 77831
E-Mail: KB5YVT@AOL.COM

Please return the information below and help us activate all the Texas
Counties!

Texas QSO Party May 4-5, 1996
Club or Group Name_________________________
Counties Activated___________________________
Contact Name/Call___________________________
Address_____________________________________
Phone#_____________________________________

Texas QSO Party May 4-5 1996

Sponsored by the Texas DX Society
1400Z May 4 to 2200z May 5

Classes:
Single op, Multi-single and Texas Armadillo Expedition
Mixed Mode Only

Exchange:
Send QSO # and Texas County or  State/Canadian Province

Rules:
Texas stations work everyone.  Others work Texas Only.
Only one transmitted signal at a time.  CW QSO's must be made in CW subbands,
except on 160.  Work stations once per band/mode for QSO points, work Texas
Armadillo stations again on same band or mode as they change counties for
multiplier credit only. Multipliers count only once regardless of band or
mode.  CW- 1.805 and 40 kHz up, Phone- 1.850, 3.850, 7.230, 14.250, 21.300,
28.450.

Scoring:

Score 2 pts/QSO on Phone and 3pts/QSO on CW.  Final score is QSO points x
Texas Counties (max 254).  Texas stations multiply by States, Canadian
Provinces and Texas Counties.  DX counts for QSO points only.

Awards:

Texas Wine Baskets and Plaques to top class finishers
Special Awards to Texas Clubs with most logs submitted
Special Awards to Multi-single and Texas Armadillo Expedition with the most
Novice/Tech operators ( List them with a /T or /N in your list of operators
on summary sheet)
Work 50 or more Texas Counties for Special Commemorative Cap
Work all 254 Texas Counties for free air fare to the 1996  Houston Ham
Convention!

Send logs and summary sheet via mail, disk or E-Mail within 30 days.
TDXS,  POB 540291  , Houston, Tx 77254 / e-mail KB5YVT@AOL.COM
Results will be posted on the Internet Contest Reflector, Sent with a SASE or
via E-Mail.
TQP is Supported by NA Contest Software from LTA @ (216)-565-9950 and TR
Contest Software @ (512) 416-7010