Hints and Kinks needed

Subject: Hints and Kinks needed
From: K8DO@aol.com (K8DO@aol.com)
Date: Fri Apr 26 18:54:23 1996

>A few years back, I seem to remember there being an
>article in QST(?) about cleaning aluminum elements.  It had
>something to do with using alcohol.  I am looking for a quick
>way to clean elements on a yagi before putting it back
>together.

The scotch brite, etc. angles have been thoroughly covered.... being
inherently lazy, I will put a different spin on this one, for cleaning
without elbow grease...you just dip, or wipe on, wait a few seconds and hose
off....

Go to your local auto paint supplier... they have a cleaners/conditioners for
cleaning and prepping aluminum....

examples:
Dupont Metal Conditioner # 5717.... is diluted with water... goes a long
ways.... $23/gal

PPG Metal Cleaner       # DX-533     ....    don't know prices
        Metal Conditioner  # DX-579

Denny                   k8do@aol.com

NO... I did not make up the part numbers on the PPG products....