Champion Beer Drinkers.....

Subject: Champion Beer Drinkers.....
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Tue Apr 30 13:24:51 1996

>Top contenders for the beer record.
>
>>>  1.n0bsh
>>>  2.we9v
>>>  3.ea3ny
>>>  4.wd8ixe yes, you steve.

>        What I want to know is:
>
>        1 - Who had the best cirrhosis multiplier,
>            measured in degree of liver damage?
>
>        2 - Who grabbed the detox multiplier?
>
>        3 - Who holds the record for the Most Brain
>            Cells Damaged category?
>
>        Just curious....
>
>        73
>
>        Tom, NM1Q (tomf@neca.com)
>        Another lame attempt at CONTEST related humor....

Francisco, HK0BKX (may he rest in peace) used to say that the body worked
very hard to convert sugar into alcohol, so why put through so much
trouble? Just give it the alcohol!  :-)

CONTEST!

Zack W9SZ

From: k8mr@barf80.nshore.org (Jim Stahl) (Jim Stahl)
Subject: *REAL* QRO

While going through some old QSTs for material relating to the
Mad River Radio Club's 25th anniversary, I noticed a very
interesting EIMAC advertisement.  Featured on the back cover of
the May 1972 QST (and probably some other issues) is the new
"X-2159 developmental tetrode" - anode dissipation of 1250 KW,
two tubes capable of providing a carrier power of 2500 kW, 100%
amplitude modulation.  A photo provides a neat size comparison to
another well known amateur QRO tube.

I guess that makes W4QRO just small potatoes by comparison.

Jim Stahl   K8MR      k8mr@barf80.nshore.org

Jim Stahl
InterNet: k8mr@barf80.nshore.org
Basic Amateur Radio Frequency, BARF-80 +1 216/237-8208
"Totally devoted to Amateur Radio" - 24 Hrs a day 8/N/1 14.4k-300 baud