NEW SECTION IN CONTESTS

Subject: NEW SECTION IN CONTESTS
From: pke22@rz.uni-kiel.d400.de (pke22@rz.uni-kiel.d400.de)
Date: Thu May 23 10:15:21 1996

Hi folks,

maybe this is the most stupid question in the world, but how can I know
that before someone tells me?

Why is there no multi-op/single band section in WPX? You can do single band
as single-op or all band as multi-op. How about something in between for
little teams?

I would have liked to participate in the contest with a friend of mine
but we both didn't want to spend the whole weekend in an all band effort.
Our idea was to take part on one of the upper bands during the day and do
other nice things during the night (yes, there are. Try to remember the time
before you started contesting :)).

I think the contests are loosing quite a lot of activity by little teams if
they don't allow single band operation for them. My friend and me will not
take part in WPX now. That's no loss at all for WPX, but a big loss for my
friend and me.

Thanks for reading and good luck in the contest!

Mark, DF4PA.

Email: pke22@rz.uni-kiel.d400.de