CW Issue/new rig sales

Subject: CW Issue/new rig sales
From: K8DO@aol.com (K8DO@aol.com)
Date: Fri May 24 14:02:04 1996
Hi...
What gives, is that foot traffic is a drag on sales... A phone customer is
going to buy most (95%) of the time... He is not is not asking to play with
"that other radio" and having a pile of equipment on the counter (which
increases the risk of theft and damage, not so incidentally), and keeping the
clerk tied up for an hour, or more... A multi thousand dollar sale on the
phone usually takes less than ten minutes and leaves the clerk free for six,
or more, additional sales in that hour... Foot traffic will take more than an
hour for one multi thousand dollar sale, and OFTEN does not consumate the
purchase in the end... Those businesses who will survive in ham radio (and
many others) will put more of their salary dollars into phone / internet
sales, and less into store front sales... The evolution of society
continues... Love it - or - Leave it... You have no other choice...

Denny