Invisible pet fence

Subject: Invisible pet fence
From: albraun@socketis.net (albraun@socketis.net)
Date: Mon May 27 05:24:57 1996
>My neighbor is about to install an underground "invisible fence" for
>his pets...within 15 feet of one of my tower guys. Does anyone out
>there have experience with interference from these things??

I've had one of these for 5 years.  It passes right under my guys and
under my 160 mtr sloper.  No problems at all.  These things have a
buried wire a couple of inches under the ground which is the antenna
for a low power 500 kHz transmitter.  The dog wears a receiver on its
collar which shocks him if he comes too close (variable but usually
5 feet or so).  I'm listening on 500 kHz as I write this and, although
I can hear the carrier, it doesn't budge my s-meter.

Works fine for the dog, doesn't interfere with my radio and my radio
doesn't interfere with it.  Highly recommended for a large yard with
dogs.

* Alan Braun MD, NS0B/V31EV *Internet: albraun@socketis.net       *
* Jefferson City, MO        *Packet: NS0B@N0LBA.#cemo.mo.usa.noam *