QRN Squasher (June CQ article)

Subject: QRN Squasher (June CQ article)
From: W8JITom@aol.com (W8JITom@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jun 5 00:31:06 1996

>Any technical types out there want to comment on the pluses/minuses of the
>QRN Squasher construction project in the June 96 issue of CQ.  How does it
>compare with the JPS ANC4?
>So, is this the same thing as the ANC4?  Better? Worse? About the same?

Hi Henry,

The circuit won't work correctly as published. The network in that unit (from
T1 through R2) claimed to rotate phase will absolutely not do so. It will
shift phase 180 degrees, and vary amplitude....but that is all. That's the
major design flaw (although it appears to have a few other design shortfalls
as well).

I'd stick with the ANC-4, or a proven design.

73 Tom