Antenna Information comment

Subject: Antenna Information comment
From: JimP911@aol.com (JimP911@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jun 14 21:59:58 1996
//Second: Don't rivets loosen up over time and vibration?//

I can't speak for Force 12 antennas since I do not own any, however properly
installed rivets should remain secure for many years.

Rivets have been used in aircraft for a long time and I can vouch for their
integrity, having used them for years in my race car.

Even hardware store variety solid core aluminum "Pop" rivets have a shear
strength of 650 lbs!  The thinwall element tubing will fail long before the
rivets.

73 -- Jim KC1SJ