So what ITU zone AM I in, anyway?

Subject: So what ITU zone AM I in, anyway?
From: jbl@levin.mv.com (Joel B Levin)
Date: Sun Jul 14 21:16:11 1996
On Sun, 14 Jul 1996 14:34:01 -0500 you wrote:

|I checked the '95 ARRL Handbook.  Nope.   How 'bout the K1DG CQ Almanec.
|No way.  The Internet?  Zippo.  The rules?  Nadda.  Where's one of them
|fancy maps with both zones on it?  Not in my house.

There are maps in the book I call my ham bible, the ARRL Operating Manual
(for operating, as opposed to technical, information, it beats the Handbook
all to hell, IMHO).  The league web page, under contests, under IARU
Championship, has two world maps (b/w and color) and textual descriptions of
the zones for W/VE.  I only glanced at it (I know I'm in 8) but I recall
that some states were split, and I think WI was one of them.  Any, check
that page; it's a gold mine.

73 Scott KA9FOX ...in the Twilight Zone

And nice to work you -- twice.  I don't remember what zone you signed, but
they were the same both times or I would have noticed the discrepancy in CT
:-).

        73 / JBL   KD1ON