Top Ten Lists: Another perspective

Subject: Top Ten Lists: Another perspective
From: WD8AUB@IX.NETCOM.COM (Douglas L. Klein)
Date: Tue Jul 16 20:59:13 1996
Or why I could have done better in WRTC

Top 10 reasons why I didn't win the WRTC competition

10.  The ground conductivity in (insert geographic area) was not as good
as (insert geographic area of winners)

9.  Tests have shown that A3's and A4's have higher angles of radiation
than TH6's

8.  There were line voltage fluctations, and my line voltage AVERAGED 2
volts lower than at the other WRTC stations.    (P=EI)

7.  I forgot to put my keyer in  ***speedy*** mode for the RST and Zone.

6.  I forgot my keyer altogether

5.  I forgot the code altogether

4.  (insert 1X1) was one block away, and was qrming me all weekend

3.  There was a 7-11 next door open ALL NIGHT!  Boy was the flourescent
noise a killer!

2.  I was at the 7-11 next door ALL NIGHT!

And the number 1 reason why I didnt win the WRTC competition

1.  Blah Blah Blah, Blah Blah, Blah ...  that's why!

Any similarities of the excuses above and those actually received
(either past or future) is purely coincidental.

The above is for amusement only.  If it is not amusing, delete it.
There are no warranties, expressed or implied and no expressions of
fitness for a merchantibility.  This limitation may not apply to you
in your state or country.