How Much does a DB Cost?

Subject: How Much does a DB Cost?
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Sat Jul 27 08:55:49 1996

>|On Jul 25, 12:35am, Charles H. Harpole wrote:
>|> Subject: Re: How Much does a DB Cost?
>|> DBs costs relate to the weather.  ...
>|                                                Work done in warm, sunny
>|conditions on the other hand add a negative DB factor ... I just don't
>|understand how anyone from Fla. can be heard on the bands.
>
>I think it's the hurricanes.  Winds over 70 knots during antenna raising
>boost the gain tremendously
>
>       /J

Maybe there are laws governing antenna performance not appreciated by us
Black Hole residents. We don't get hurricanes here, so I've never been
able to test that one.

To my knowledge I am the only person alive who has attempted to put up an
antenna in a tornado, and it just came back down again.

Zack W9SZ

P.S. Have fun in IOTA contest!