Help Needed for LTA RBC-1 unit

Subject: Help Needed for LTA RBC-1 unit
From: WR3O@music-city.tdec.state.tn.us (WR3O@music-city.tdec.state.tn.us)
Date: Fri Aug 9 14:27:04 1996
I recently bought a remote band controller unit, the LTA RBC-1.

The unit works fine on all bands except 160 meters.  On 160 meters,
the unit will sometimes start chattering like the relays are getting
very low cycle AC.  This happens especially on TX on 160, but it
also happes just in RX on 160!

Note that these results occur with everything else stripped off --
i.e. rig is straight into a good dummy load, external ant relay box
completely disconnected.

In other words, the problem is definately between the IC-761 and the RBC-1.
I see no problems with the 2-foot cable connecting the 761 & the RBC-1
via 7-pin DIN.  I suspect the RBC-1 is not getting quite the voltage it
expects to see on 160m, perhaps the voltage is right on the 'threshold'
between 160 & the next band.  Perhaps engaging the TX varies that
volage ever so slightly that it 'oscillates' bewteen relays.  I have
not yet gone in to look at the volatges from the 761 to the RBC-1.
I thought I would ask here and see if anyone else has used this unit,
and if there might be any suggestions.  Again, the unit works FB on
all bands except 160.  Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Kirk  WR3O      WR3O@music-city.tdec.state.tn.us