balloon verticals

Subject: balloon verticals
From: JBaumgarte@aol.com (JBaumgarte@aol.com)
Date: Tue Aug 13 16:25:13 1996
Decided to try this for 160 this season, but have a few questions for anyone
who might have tried one.

Picked up some neat "hollow" wire with kevlar liner at Dayton--very light,
but #14 size.  Have the base, radials, etc. pretty well figured out, but
wonder about the balloon?  Local gas supplier wants $35 lease for tank, $35
for regulator (purchase), and $32 for 121 cu. ft. of helium.  (reasonable?)
 Assuming I can find a 3' balloon, how long will one hold the gas?, how much
gas is required (simple volume of sphere is not enough--need to know the
typical pressure), any good ideas on locating a good balloon.  Many thanks
for any suggestions.

John, K0IJL, CAC Dakota Division