calls=/important - NOT

Subject: calls=/important - NOT
From: BK1ZX70SFL@aol.com (BK1ZX70SFL@aol.com)
Date: Sun Sep 22 10:27:06 1996
Without doubt callsigns are a BIG part of contesting....ask the WRTC teams
who were fortunate (?) to draw K6S/K6H and W6S/W6H how excited they were at
those picks!

Sure we all do our best with what we were given, that is the essence of
contesting but more importantly when we find a way to enhance our performance
whether its a new antenna for receiving on the low bands, or a second rig we
take it - a new call - I would say the majority of contesters participating
in Gate 2 picks are not doing it for VANITY reasons

? - the ham formerly known as k1zx