New regulations are in effect in Russia since Sep'96

Subject: New regulations are in effect in Russia since Sep'96
From: bagno%inm.ras.ru@TGV.COM (bagno%inm.ras.ru@TGV.COM)
Date: Thu Sep 26 00:46:57 1996
New radioamateur regulations issued in Russia and are in effect
since September, 15, 1996.

The most sufficient changes are the following (from my point of view).

       1. Age limitations:
4th and 3rd classes ('novices')- 8 years old (instead of 14 and 16),
2nd class ('intermediate')- 14 instead of 16.

       2. License is valid during 5 years.

       3. Band plan changes:
160m band SSB-window is reduced from 1860-1930 to 1840-1930;
 80m band is expanded from 3600-3650 to
           3700 (3rd and 2nd classes) and 3800 (1st class).

       4. Russian band plan per license classes (briefly):

                3rd class       2nd class       1st class

 1.8 MHz        CW SSB          CW SSB          CW SSB
 3.5 MHz        CW              CW SSB DIG      CW SSB DIG
 7.0 MHz                        CW SSB DIG      CW SSB DIG
  10 MHz                                        CW     DIG
  14 MHz                        CW SSB DIG      CW SSB DIG
  18 MHz                        CW SSB DIG      CW SSB DIG
  21 MHz        CW              CW SSB DIG      CW SSB DIG
  24 MHz                        CW SSB DIG      CW SSB DIG
  28 MHz        CW SSB DIG      CW SSB DIG      CW SSB DIG
UHF, VHF        CW SSB DIG      CW SSB DIG      CW SSB DIG

Notes:
* for 4th class only 160m (SSB & CW) and UHF (SSB, CW & DIG) are allowed.
* 'DIG' assumes RTTY, AMTOR, PACTOR, CLOVER, ASCII, PACKET RADIO.
* TX output power for 4-2 classes 5W @160m;
   /no changes/   for 4-1 classes 5W @UHF&VHF.
                  for 3rd class 10W @HF;
                  for 2nd class 50w @HF;
                  for 1st class 10W @160m, 200W @HF;
                  for 4-1 classes 5W @UHF&VHF.
* SSTV and FAX are allowed for 2-1 classes @20m.
* 6m band is not allowed.

See you in CW contests,
73 de RW3FO, Dmitri
Moscow, Russia
bagno@inm.ras.ru

From: pcortese@mbox.vol.it (I2UIY) (I2UIY)
Subject: European Sprint Contest - Rules

EU SPRINT 1996 - Rules

The EU Sprint Committee hereby invites you to participate in  the  two
Autumn European Sprint Contests held in 1996.

Entrants:   any  licensed station operating from  Europe  or   outside
Europe may enter the Sprint.

Object: EU stns work everybody, DX stns work only EU

Categories: Single Operator ONLY. Only ONE signal may be aired at  one
time.

Dates:
EU SPRINT Autumn:
SSB:   first   Saturday in October - 5 October 1996   -   managed   by
I2UIY
CW:    second  Saturday in October - 12 October 1996  -   managed   by
OK2FD

Time: from 15:00z until 18:59z.

Bands:   20,   40 and 80 meters only. Pilot  frequencies   are:   SSB:
14.250, 7.050, 3.730. CW: 14.040, 7.025, 3.550

Exchange: all of the following data MUST BE PART OF THE EXCHANGE:
   - your callsign,
   - the other station's callsign,
   - your serial number starting from 001 (RST not required),
   - your name or nickname.
Please   note   that  BOTH  callsigns  MUST  be   repeated   by   BOTH
stations.
A  valid  exchange is: "OK2FD de I2UIY 118 Paolo"  while  "OK2FD   118
Paolo" is NOT a valid exchange.

Special  QSY  Rule: if any station initiates a call  (by  sending  CQ,
QRZ?,  etc.),  he is permitted to work ONLY one station  on  the  same
frequency. He must thereafter move AT LEAST 2 (two) kHz before he  may
call   another  station or before he may  solicit  again   (CQ,  QRZ?,
etc.) other calls.

Valid   contacts:   valid contacts are QSOs   correctly   logged   and
confirmed.  Each  operator may use ONE and ONLY one  name  during  the
Sprint.  If  the exchange is copied incorrectly,  that  operator  will
receive   zero   (0) points. In case of  miscopied   callsigns,   both
stations  will  receive zero (0) points for that  QSO.  The  Committee
reserves   the   right to apply penalties in   particular   cases   of
violation of the rules or spirit of the contest.

Scoring:  each  valid QSO counts one point. The final  score  is   the
total number of QSOs.

Awards:  there are NO awards or prizes since these contests  have been
created to test the individual skills only. Results will  be forwarded
as  soon  as  possible  to  Leagues,  magazines   and bulletins.

Logs: a single chronological log is required. PLEASE SEND US YOUR  LOG
ON  A FLOPPY DISK. Use any of the available software or send  a  plain
ASCII  file. A separate summary sheet is required too.  Logs must   be
sent   NO later than 15 days after the  contest  to   the  appropriate
address:

-  Autumn SSB Sprint: Paolo Cortese, I2UIY, P. O. Box 14, 27043  Broni
(PV), Italy.
-  Autumn CW Sprint: Karel Karmasin, OK2FD, Gen. Svobody  636, 674  01
Trebic, Czech Republic.

DL2NBU has written a program specially designed for the newly  created
European Sprint Contest. The program is similar to CT, allows  sending
CW  via LPT/COM, generates .RES files etc. The software  is  available
at:
ftp.uni-erlangen.de:/pc-freeware/hamradio/logbuch/contest/sprint16.zip

Logs  for ANY of the four events may also be sent by Internet Mail  to
"eusprint@dl6rai.muc.de". The receipt of your electronic  log will  be
confirmed.  If you don't receive a confirmation within two  days,  try
again or use the postal system.

Thanks in advance for your participation de: G4BUO, I2UIY,  OK2FD  and
the B.C.C. Sprint Committee.

[ ] Paolo Cortese, I2UIY / IQ2A / N7PMC / OK8AFL
[ ] P. O. Box 14 - 27043 Broni (PV) Italy
[ ] Phone 0039-385-53203
[ ] A.R.I. HF Contest Manager
[ ] Email: PCORTESE@MBOX.VOL.IT