N6AA's note

Subject: N6AA's note
From: w2up@voicenet.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Fri Sep 27 10:01:09 1996
Dick - I'm confused. I've read many notes here on the reflector, and
heard K3WW's presentation at Dayton showing that "single op
distracted" scores are lower than single-op without packet, most of
the time.

So, how is using packet an unfair advantage? It SHOULD hurt the
scores of the single op, shouldn't it?

As has been said already, if someone's gonna cheat they're gonna
cheat. Whether it is running power, or using packet. Or, having the
host at a guest op station help with equipment problems, or even
relieve the guest op for a little while here and there...

Since a WRTC judge-style setup is not practical, the honor system is
the only way to continue...
73 Barry
--
Barry Kutner, W2UP                           Internet: w2up@voicenet.com