4 sq info

Subject: 4 sq info
From: bill.lumnitzer@paonline.com (bill.lumnitzer@paonline.com)
Date: Tue Oct 29 11:49:36 1996

KM9P wrote:

The second night was different.  I got my first real clue that the
antenna was working when I stumbled across a pile up in the window.
When I heard him sign zone 39 I started calling.  I was the next guy he
worked.  I know for sure I beat W3LPL and K3LR who are also using
4-squares.

I believe W3LPL's TX antennas on 80 are high fixed 2el quads.  He uses the
4square mainly for RX.

I occasionally beat 'LPL in a pileup too but I don't think this is a valid
comparison of two antennas. According to my observations using AO, a
2el 80m quad at 170' has roughly TWICE (say 6dBi vs. 12 dBi) the forward gain
of a 4square!!!

73 Bill N6CQ