Win95 Boot Solution

Subject: Win95 Boot Solution
From: WR3O@music-city.tdec.state.tn.us (WR3O@music-city.tdec.state.tn.us)
Date: Sat Nov 2 08:50:52 1996
I am posting this reply because I received over a dozen requests for
the info.  Thanks to the many folks who sent their solutions.

The info I wanted is best laid out on the YCCC Web page (www.yccc.org)
An article by WS1A concisely explains the whole deal.  I still couldn't
access the YCCC site this AM, but someone (AA4NU) forwarded a copy of
the article.

It boils down to editing the MSDOD.SYS file, and changing the line
under [Options] from  BootGUI=1  to BootGUI=0.  That is the solution
I was looking for but couldn't remember.  (Yes, MSDOS.SYS is an ASCII
file in Win95, unlike previous versions of DOS.)  Note that you will
have to change the attributes of the file before you can edit it.

Another solution offereed is to hit the F8 key when you see the
"Starting Windows 95" message.

I highly suggest reading the WS1A article on the YCCC homepage if
you want to understand what's going on.

(yes... MSDOD is a typo ... can't edit w/ this lame terminal...)

Thanks for the help folks, and CU in SS!

73, Kirk WR3O in Tennessee