JW5VK CQWW SSB 1996 M/S

Subject: JW5VK CQWW SSB 1996 M/S
From: Tom-Rune.Lauknes@itek.norut.no (Tom Rune Lauknes)
Date: Sat Nov 2 20:24:06 1996
CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST -- 1996

      Call: JW5VK                    Country:  Svalbard
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Multi Single HP

Operators: LA1BJA, LA5VK

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS   ZONES  COUNTRIES

      160      2      2         2      2
       80      15     17        6      10
       40      54     119       16     29
       20      1062   2784      30     74
       15      142    408       13     22
       10      0      0         0      0

     Totals   1275    3330      67     137  =>  679,320

As you can see, the main band was 20m. The low bands were not very
productive, this probably caused by poor antennas.
Beeing the only JW on the bands, and almost the only zone 40 gave us
some nice pile- ups on 20/15. It is _really_ fun running
pile-ups at 5 qso/min. We had some really great runs into the US and EU,
and a couple into JA as well. We had a great time,
something we find most important, even though the score could have been
much higher with better antennas. We lost a lot of
multipliers due to our low activity on the lower bands. This time the
antennas for 80/40 had blown down before we arrived, so
we were only using some kind of longwire for 80/160, and a (to short)
delta-loop for 40m.

Once again, we had a great time,and this was certainly not our last
DX'Pedition effort. Thanks for calling us in the contest.

QSL for JW1BJA and JW5VK is via LA5VK, direct or bureau.

By visiting the homepage, you can see some pictures from our
previous expeditions to JW.
The home page is located at:

http://la3t.itek.norut.no/jw

Finally, many thanks to JW5NM and JW8GV for helping us.

73s Tom, LA1BJA
tomrune@itek.norut.no