oh-oh an OO!

Subject: oh-oh an OO!
From: dave@egh.com (dave@egh.com)
Date: Sat Nov 9 10:48:32 1996
Hi,

        It seems that this is a common experience (getting OO'ed for 3.752,
etc.).  It hasn't happened to me for a year or two, but I tend to operate less
on SSB contests than a lot of you.

        My question is - what is the real rule?  Does your center frequency
count as being in the band even if some of your sideband is out, or does all
6 khz of your compression splatter :-) have to be in the band too?  I have
always assumed that by keeping 1.5 khz (like Randy) away from the edge, I was
safe - but this was more to leave a little cushion in case my xcvr was off in
frequency rather than worrying about the sideband.  Perhaps I have been wrong
in my assumptions?

73, Dave Clemons K1VUT