A Smoking Gun? The rumor is TRUE!!!

Subject: A Smoking Gun? The rumor is TRUE!!!
From: ramirezk@emi.com (ramirezk@emi.com)
Date: Thu Nov 14 19:19:28 1996
                    Over the past few weeks a rumor has been
circulating that a major domestic contest is going to be held
this weekend. The rumor also said something about a serial
number,power class,callsign,year you were first licensed and
your ARRL section being part of the exchange. I have done some
extensive investigative work and have determined that YES there
is a major competition taking place this coming weekend. It is
called the ARRL SWEEPSTAKES and it is the Phone portion of this
contest. It supposedly starts at 2100z on Saturday and ends at
0300z on Monday.  Will anyone on here be competing in this
contest? Or will everyone spend the weekend trying to explain to
the Jacoby and Meyers' Law Firm why they want to sue the FCC
over a callsign? I think I'll get on and see if this mysterious
contest IS taking place this weekend. You guys might want to get
on too. It might help take your minds off of this Vanity
Insanity!
   73 and sign me  #### B N4UK 77 SC
    Ken ex-KP4XS