CQ contest rules query

Subject: CQ contest rules query
From: k1ttt@berkshire.net (David Robbins)
Date: Sun Dec 1 20:42:22 1996
Jim Cain wrote:

> Am I alone in believing that we should continue to make it possible for
> someone of limited means to be competitive by building a station for a
> single band and mode? This year, 10 meters single band could have been won
> with a Ten Tec Scout, a cheap, used, low power amplifier, and wire arrays
> hung in a few trees. You wouldn't even have needed a computer, nor an alarm
> clock. To build a station like that, only to be bested by someone operating
> from an otherwise unused multi-band superstation and moving multipliers from
> other bands, would be very discouraging to a newcomer.

and i bet you think that qrp entries should only use wire antennas also.
why should someone not do something that is legal under the rules to
help
improve their score?  if it isn't illegal and you can do it then i say
go for
it!  if that isn't what the contest sponsors want then let them write
the
rules so that it isn't legal.

--
David Robbins K1TTT (ex KY1H)