10 Meter Novice "Contest Free" Zone

Subject: 10 Meter Novice "Contest Free" Zone
From: na2n@ifam.com (Greg Becker NA2N)
Date: Tue Dec 3 17:48:19 1996
> I agree that it is unfortunate that the new LU novice privileges
> allow operating on 28300-28350 for contests only.  That was NOT
> the case over one year ago when the CFZ was instituted.

OK, so does this mean we're cast-in-stone and unable to react to
a changing situation? The ARRL certainly has the power to revise the
rules before the contest, if they so desire - they're the sponsors.
Considering the N-S propegation path is the one "most likely to
succeed" for the next year or two, don't you think it might contribute
to the overall health of the contest to address the issue, as is stands,
in a timely fashion?

> The point might be made as to why the LU govt. did not check with
> contest organizers before making such a decision.  In any case,
> it would seem that a contest-only segment for LU novices is more
> effective in the 28500 area where in my experience more contest
> activity takes place.

Gee, J.P., if I wasn't _sure_ you said that tongue-in-cheek, I'd think
it
was one of the silliest, most conceited and foolish things I'd ever
heard.
Governments do things for their reasons, not to serve the needs of the
ARRL CAC. Don't see CQ having a problem...

Of course, that's only my opinion - I could be wrong.

--
Greg Becker       na2n@ifam.com
FFII/EMT, Safety Officer, Milan Vol FD/Rescue Squad