Multiple entry with single call

Subject: Multiple entry with single call
From: i4jmy@uugate.wa7slg.ampr.org (i4jmy@uugate.wa7slg.ampr.org)
Date: Sat Dec 7 16:58:43 1996
The mesagge at bottom of my present one, was sent few days ago by I4UFH,
and is concerning multiple contest entries with same call sign.
While it seems no one did notice that, the implications are not of minor
importance and some thinking and different opinions could be useful to
prevent future regrettable situations.
Just as a guideline to develop:

1) If multiple single band single op but same call-sign is allowed, than
   this or a multi-multi entry can be decided post-contest, choosing under
   specific (favourable) circumstances.

2) Looking it from the reversal viewpoint, why a "group" of single band
   single op can't partecipate meanwhile (sending logs) as multi multi
   too ?

3) If two operators (or groups) with same call can be considered a different
   partecipant by declaration, couldn't it happen we 'll have 2 stations
   active (temporary or continuously) on the same band with the same call ?
   (soab & sb, multi-multi & sb, sb & sb low-power, etc ).
   Can it be possible not to log one of them as a duplicate ? How ??

While it is not my will to judge anything, until today I thought that a call
sign did determinate a single "entity" (entry) and not a group.
It would be nice to know an official position about the question to have a
clear idea about it.

73, Mauri I4JMY, (one of IR4T)

E-mail i4jmy@s55tcp.ampr.org    (alternate) i4jmy@uugate.ampr.org

Copy of original message: