Happy New Year, y'all

Subject: Happy New Year, y'all
From: WF3H@ENTER.NET (bob)
Date: Wed Jan 1 00:18:22 1997
K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

>     What are you doing reading this email?  You're supposed to be out
> celebrating the arrival of the New Year.  Please turn off your computer and
> get out there!!
>
>     Happy New Year to all and best wishes for health, prosperity and big
> signals for all in 1997.
>
>                 Steve    K7LXC
hey, happy new yr urself steve and thanks for the many words of
advice...hope youre working on that book!

From: jfunk@adams.net (jim funk) (jim funk)
Subject: squINT

Hey gang,
        Is we squINTing or is we ain't???
        Having heard nothing more about it, I'm assuming there is NOT going
to be a squINT on January 1.
        I would propose a squINT be held on Saturday, January 4, on 20m SSB,
14.240-14.270, from 2100 to 2300 UTC, with squINTers exchanging callsign,
name, age, state/province/country, and favorite pet's name (make one up if
you don't have a pet).  I'll volunteer to compile some sort of report to
post to the reflector unless whoever has done it in the past still wants the
job.
        OK, embrace, modify or trash the idea.  I'm not trying to run the
show, just trying to get it going; and I know some of you who usually push
this one have been awfully busy.
        73, Jim N9JF
"The way to gain a good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to
appear."  Socrates