Restructuring Comments

Subject: Restructuring Comments
From: JPalooka@aol.com (JPalooka@aol.com)
Date: Tue Feb 4 09:09:47 1997
Hi Tom,

>  Requiring a sending test and 1 minute solid cpy fer any cw examinee may
>  create a problem for some volunteer examiners. I know an examiner who
>  got his Extra code credit using a medical waiver. Several other Extras
>  who help him give exams also are medical waiver Extras.
>  This would be a terrible hardship on these guys, don't u think? : )

Yes, I think this is the kind of hardship they need. If the current method
truely
tests the ability to copy CW as well as the one minute, no problem,
If some one really wants to get into the hobby, they can do it.  No, everyone
can not get an extra and that is correct. Not everyone can practice medicine
either and that is correct, also.

I don't mind 10 WPM for a starter license on HF. Canada does well with it, I
believe.
"This give it away" attitude, I believe, has lead to the degradation in the
hobby, as
we see it today.

73, K8Joe"Palooka"