[CQ-CONTEST] WPX SSB Operator needed-WP3X

Subject: [CQ-CONTEST] WPX SSB Operator needed-WP3X
From: ramirezk@emi.com (ramirezk@emi.com)
Date: Fri Feb 21 16:36:04 1997
<---- Begin Forwarded Message ---->
From: ramirezk@emi.com
Subject: WPX SSB Operator needed-WP3X
To: cq-contest@tgv.com

  Hello all,
       Our 20m operator had to cancel out due to work
obligations. We find our West Coast,Puerto Rico Multi/Multi
operation in need of a very good SSB operator for the CQ WW WPX
SSB contest at the end of March.  The candidate needs to be able
to arive in San Juan NLT Tuesday evening before the contest
weekend. He also needs to bring his own HF rig and laptop ( an
amp would help too). This will be the first contest with our new
Cabo Rojo Contest Club callsign. Our operations have won the WPX
SSB M/M World 1st place plaque for the last 2 years under the
old call,KP4XS.
         Accomodations are provided.You get there and you have a
place to sleep for free. We go out for good seafood or just grab
sandwiches locally. Two of us will be there the week before and
will have most of the station work done. The others arrive on
Tuesday.We'll spend all day Wednesday getting the monobanders
for 10,15,and 20m up in the air and the stations all set up. We
are planning a Thursday trip to the Radio Telescope in Arecibo!
We eat lots of seafood and some of us drink lots of beer and rum
before(but not during)and after the contest. Religious fanatics,
sticks-in-the mud need not apply! We have fun!
       We need a SERIOUS phone operator. You will either be the
20 or 40m operator or the busiest op of all, the fill-in op. The
fill-in op will have to familiarize himself with all equipment
and bands and will probably have the most operating time and the
least amount of sleep.  I will be arriving in KP4 on 20 March
and staying until 2 April.If you are retired and have the time,
You are also welcome to come and stay for that timeframe. The
more help, the better. R/T airfare from NYC/Kennedy airport,
Newark,NJ,Miami,FLA,or Ft. Lauderdale is around 205.00 (a
Bargain!)
Operators for this effort include:
K3MM,W2EOS,AA4S,WD8ISK,N4UK,?
All antennas,filters,coax,etc are on site.
  If seriously interested please E-mail me. Time is of the
essence. If you are not sure that you can go please don't
send me an E-mail!
 73 Ken N4UK
1.8-1296 MHZ
Cabo Rojo Contest Club-WP3X