[CQ-Contest] cqww160m ssb contest WINDOW

Subject: [CQ-Contest] cqww160m ssb contest WINDOW
From: ve9aa@brunnet.net (Mike Smith-VE9AA, Coreen Smith)
Date: Sun Feb 23 21:57:16 1997
Why is it that there must always be one or 2
really stubborn guys that "ruin" the dx window for others?

This weekend (from ve1pz) we experienced a very loud,
and well recognized W2 on 1835.7 or so with the audio, processor
and everything else WIDE open, effectively shunting out the top
1/2 or more of the DX window.  He was loud, fine, but there were
plenty of others that were a lot louder, but nowhere near as wide.
When confronted (by me and others) we had to argue to get him to back
the audio down, but 10 minutes later it was again WIDE open.
After sunrise in EU, he would move up the band.  I can only geuss
it was to hinder others' ability to work DX.  He sure didn't make
many friends this weekend, and you all know who I am talking about.
Congratulations John, on an excellent signal, but next time could you
please crank the audio levels down to something under the "10"?
FYI es W/O malice,
-MIKE/ve9aa @ ve1pz station.

Michael & Coreen Smith
271 Smith Rd, Waterville