[CQ-Contest] Band Plan

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Band Plan
From: gmontico@omniway.sm (gmontico@omniway.sm)
Date: Wed Mar 5 20:51:00 1997
Hello Guys,
thanks to everybody for replies.
I have obtain some replies with clear explication about "no-contest
zone" in IARU Region 2 in particular from K3ZO (Editor by IARU Reg.2
News).
I haven't received suggestions from Europeans or Asiatic guys.
Apologise me for a little misunderstandig about operation above 14.300
but my ask was made for the "no-contest zone" and for "cw-only zone"
Of course, for the normal use the portion between 14.300 and 14.350 is
permitted.
GI0NWG / AC6WI Andrew wrote me and his the unique european that reply
me. Andrew said that "IARU band-plan are only recommandations" and this
is true and i agree.
Is my opinion that is essential to join the rules for all Regions
because haven't story the triennial conferences by IARU on this argument
when only one Region agree the bandplan subdivision.
Reg.2 and 3 haven't, in Reg.1 the hams don't respect this, is better to
drop the band plan in the next conference 1999 and use all bands
whatever mode into the boundaries!!!
But for now, if a Society (IARU member) agree the band plan in implicit
mode all associated agree the band plan.
If an ham is freelance this rule isn't valid.
However the agreement between IARU Regions is the better matter to
resolve this problem, this is my opinion and also of my Society.
I wait other suggestions from the ham people, in particular from
europeans, africans, middle easterns and russian.
Nothing i receive about the use of cw-zone during ssb contests......or,
DOES ALL AGGREE THE SAME RULES OF "NO-CONTEST ZONE" FOR "CW-ZONE"???
Many american station was made calls in split in 40Mt. below 7040, in
Europe this is CW-Zone, and many europeans have replied.
73 to everybody.
T77WI Giancarlo Montico