[CQ-Contest] Anyone ever set up near a Cell Phone Tower?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Anyone ever set up near a Cell Phone Tower?
From: pramey@smtplink.ram.com (pramey@smtplink.ram.com)
Date: Thu Mar 13 10:04:41 1997
     What type of TX is it going to be, ANALOG or Digital?  Have him add to
     the contract that it has to be taken off the air in X number of hours
     if he has any problems and kept off till the problem is fixed. I work
     for a wireless modem company that has it's RX in the 890-901 and TX at
     930-940.  We have had problem from the services below our RX's but
     only when the equipment had a problem or was not FILTERED properly.  I
     would also ask for a hard copy from a spec analyzer before turn on and
     after as a base line for reference if any problems happen in the
     future.
     You are right the money can be great.
     BTW if they are on site you have more control that if they are next
     door and using some one else's land!

     Paul
     WG0G/2

Author:  Larry Reader <readerl@goliath.sunyocc.edu> at SMTPLINK-rammob

Cellular One has just approached Lorrin, the owner of the Windwood Contest
station, WP2Z, about putting up a repeater about 60 ft from the main tower
at the station.  According to the engineer in PR I just spoke to it will be
a 100 w 800 mhz unit on a 50 ft pole with omni antenna on top.

Lorrin will not allow this instalation if it will interfere in any way with
WP2Z but if it won't, he'd love the monthly rental.  He asked for my advice.

All the trained parts of my brain say with that freq separation and power
and given the mode differences there shouldn't be an interference problem
but I thought I'd ask if anyone has had any experience with this type of
situation.

Thanks.

Larry
KE2VB