[CQ-Contest] TS-830S Maintenance

Subject: [CQ-Contest] TS-830S Maintenance
From: kc2x@nebula.ispace.com (Steve Sacco KC2X)
Date: Fri Mar 14 20:59:30 1997
-- [ From: Steve Sacco KC2X * EMC.Ver #2.5.03 ] --

I also have fond memories of the TS-830S.  Some of the guys at the N2AA/K2GL
operation used to bring them to replace the doggy Drake TR-7's that were
standard issue at the station.

I used to work stuff all night long on 15M that I couldn't even begin to
hear on the TR-7.

Later I owned one; I put the IRC CW and SSB filters in it.  That RX was HOT!
 I was tired of having to tune it up on each band, so I (stupidly) sold it.

Anyway, sorry for getting all teary-eyed.  The reason I began this e-mail
was to let you TS-830 owners know of a great place for tips on the rig -
it's at the Web site of AG6K (of amplifier fame):

http://www.vcnet.com/measures/830.html

Hope someone finds it useful.

73,

Steve KC2X