[CQ-Contest] ts-830s (gold?) purchased !

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ts-830s (gold?) purchased !
From: ve9aa@brunnet.net (Mike Smith-VE9AA, Coreen Smith)
Date: Sun Mar 16 16:39:46 1997
Hello all you 830s lovers !
Well, I did it.  I bought the 830s and all the goodies.
VFO(digital), tuner, speaker, and MC-50 mic.
I have lined up a yk88c 500hz CW filter from a W1
but I may also be looking for the other 500hz filter
that goes in the 455Khz I.F., but IS IT WORTH IT?
I am looking for your comments.  Thanks to everyone
who provided me (and the list) comments, and mod ideas
for my future contest radio.  Will be looking for more as
time goes on.
Someone mentioned that there was something like a
"gold emblem" edition(?) or something like that, but I
just breezed over that email 'cuz I thought the chances
of actually getting that unit would be slim to none.
Well, mine does have "gold colored numbers" for the
small plate beneath the vfo that says "ts-830s".
Does that make it a special edition, and if so, how does
it differ from other 830s's?
TNX!
MIKE/ve9aa

Michael & Coreen Smith